Who says the stories in the Bible are boring? In today's reading, we find Naomi working on a strategy to convince Ruth to propose to Boaz. You might remember from the reading two days ago that because of the loss of her husband and sons, she had become no-one in the...
Yesterday, we started this week's journey along the dusty road between Moab (modern-day Jordan) and Israel where three women were walking back to the land of Elimelech, the late husband of the oldest of the three women. Perhaps you were able to envision yourself...
When it comes to the book of Ruth, the way the story has been told for years was that there was one hero in this story: Boaz, the family member who saves Ruth and her sad mother-in-law. But then I read Carolyn Custis James' The Gospel of Ruth and later, Finding God...
One of my favorite passages in the Bible is from a letter to the church in Rome. I had read these verses to you not too long ago but used The Message paraphrase. Today, in light of the reality of Jesus having risen from the dead, I'll read these verses again but this...
What is good about Good Friday? Listen to today's reading and decide.
- Psalm 55 | A Prayer About Betrayal
- Psalm 37 | Why do bad things happen to good people?
- Psalm 86 | A Prayer for Challenging Times
- Daily Prayer | Psalm 136 NLV
- Daily Prayers | Ruth 4
- Daily Prayers | Ruth 3 ERV
- Daily Prayer | Ruth 2 ERV
- Daily Prayers | Ruth 1 ERV
- Daily Prayers | Romans 12:1-2 ERV
- Daily Prayer | Good Friday
- Daily Prayers | The Last Supper
- Daily Prayers | You shall know the truth…
- Daily Prayers | Who is this man?
- Daily Prayers | Coming Down the Mountain
- Daily Prayers | Hosea 11 NLT
- Daily Prayers | Psalm 91 TPT
- Daily Prayers | Matthew 5:3-12 MSG
- Daily Prayers | Psalm 121 TPT
- A Simple Hack
- Daily Prayers | Romans 12:1-2 MSG